Thursday, January 31, 2008

Immigration

I think that people who live in border states have different ideas when it comes to immigration. I lived in Southern California for a few years and I was not happy to learn that my job prospects were cut in half because I was not bi-lingual. I was a receptionist at the time, not working in fast food, but in the corporate world. I had difficulty finding a job because I couldn't speak Spanish.

I am a hard ass on this issue. You move to America, you do it legally and you learn English. I think the government should do whatever it takes to shut the borders down and send everyone that is here illegally back to where they came from. I tend to be a bleeding heart in most things, but this one, I'm not. If those seeking to come here cant follow the rules to do that, what indication does that give that they are going to follow the rules once here?

No comments: